Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I get Excel to automatically calculate the value of a hyper

I've had this issue for years and have not been able to solve it.

I've got a query that is pulling data from a database and the query
generates a column in the record set that is of the format of the Excel
hyperlink function. E.g.

=hyperlink("http://mysite/mylink?123",123)
=hyperlink("http://mysite/mylink?124",124)

When the query returns to Excel, I get the uncalculated text show above but
what I really want in the column is a hyperlink with the value being 123. If
I click on a cell in the result set and click the checkmark to resave it,
Excel then computes the hyperlink value properly. But if my query contains
hundreds of results, I don't want ot have to do that one by one.

So, this cannot be that uncommon an excercise. I'd greatly appreciate the
insight if someones got the answer. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have a column of hyperlink functions that are "cold" and want to make
them "clickable", select the column and pull-down:

Data Text to Columns and make sure the functions don't split
this will change them into real hyperlinks
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200814