Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
virtualfergy virtualfergy is offline

Default How do I get Excel to automatically calculate the value of a hyper

I've had this issue for years and have not been able to solve it.

I've got a query that is pulling data from a database and the query
generates a column in the record set that is of the format of the Excel
hyperlink function. E.g.

=hyperlink("http://mysite/mylink?123",123)
=hyperlink("http://mysite/mylink?124",124)

When the query returns to Excel, I get the uncalculated text show above but
what I really want in the column is a hyperlink with the value being 123. If
I click on a cell in the result set and click the checkmark to resave it,
Excel then computes the hyperlink value properly. But if my query contains
hundreds of results, I don't want ot have to do that one by one.

So, this cannot be that uncommon an excercise. I'd greatly appreciate the
insight if someones got the answer. Thanks.