Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

Default Data from multiple worksheets

I am working with 4 worksheets (1,2,3,4). I would like to pull/transfer
information from either worksheet 1 or 2, which ever one the data is entered
into, to worksheets 3 and 4. Information will never be entered into both
worksheets (1 & 2) at the same time. I'm a novice in excel, so not sure if
this is understandable. Let me know if further info is required.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tia,

The general form would be

=IF(ISERROR(Match or VLookup function based on sheet 1), Match or VLookup function based on sheet2,
Match or VLookup function based on sheet1)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Tia" wrote in message
I am working with 4 worksheets (1,2,3,4). I would like to pull/transfer
information from either worksheet 1 or 2, which ever one the data is entered
into, to worksheets 3 and 4. Information will never be entered into both
worksheets (1 & 2) at the same time. I'm a novice in excel, so not sure if
this is understandable. Let me know if further info is required.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tia
There are a number of ways that data can be pulled/transferred from one
place to another. Tell us more about the nature of this data and the nature
of the transfer. For instance:
You want this to happen when the file is closed/saved, or when the data in
entered. There are conditions to the transfer, like, if this is true or if
this is bigger than that, etc. What about the destination? Is that always
the same row/column/sheet, or does that change by condition?
In short, pretend that you are instructing someone else to do this for you,
someone who doesn't know much about your work. What would you tell him?
HTH Otto
"Tia" wrote in message
I am working with 4 worksheets (1,2,3,4). I would like to pull/transfer
information from either worksheet 1 or 2, which ever one the data is
entered
into, to worksheets 3 and 4. Information will never be entered into both
worksheets (1 & 2) at the same time. I'm a novice in excel, so not sure
if
this is understandable. Let me know if further info is required.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

Hi Otto,

Where I'm pulling information for sheets 1 & 2 are identical. They will go
into different areas on sheets 3 & 4. For example:

If data is entered in B1 on either Sheet 1 or 2 I need that to pull into B14
in Sheet 3 and B6 in Sheet 4.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Tia

"Tia" wrote in message
I am working with 4 worksheets (1,2,3,4). I would like to pull/transfer
information from either worksheet 1 or 2, which ever one the data is
entered
into, to worksheets 3 and 4. Information will never be entered into both
worksheets (1 & 2) at the same time. I'm a novice in excel, so not sure
if
this is understandable. Let me know if further info is required.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tia
That's good but it raises other questions. You say:
"If data is entered in B1 on either Sheet 1 or 2 I need that to pull into
B14 in Sheet 3 and B6 in Sheet 4."
That tells me what you want if an entry is made into B1 of either sheet 1 or
2. B1 of the 2 sheets are only two cells. If those are the only cells from
which you want data transferred and B14 & B6 are the only destination cells,
the solution is a simple event macro. Are those the only cells involved? I
think not. In short, Excel has to know all the source cells in all the
source sheets, and all the destination cells in all the destination sheets,
and what destination cells go with what source cells.
Something else. You said, in your first post, that data will not be entered
into both sheets 1 and 2 "at the same time". What do you want to happen if
data is entered into sheet 1 and LATER data is entered into sheet 2 in the
same cell address? HTH Otto

"Tia" wrote in message
I am working with 4 worksheets (1,2,3,4). I would like to pull/transfer
information from either worksheet 1 or 2, which ever one the data is
entered
into, to worksheets 3 and 4. Information will never be entered into
both
worksheets (1 & 2) at the same time. I'm a novice in excel, so not
sure
if
this is understandable. Let me know if further info is required.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

Those would be the only cells involved.

As for your question regarding entering data at a later time, that will not
happen. What I'm working on right now will be the template and no
information entered will be saved to the original.

"Tia" wrote in message
I am working with 4 worksheets (1,2,3,4). I would like to pull/transfer
information from either worksheet 1 or 2, which ever one the data is
entered
into, to worksheets 3 and 4. Information will never be entered into
both
worksheets (1 & 2) at the same time. I'm a novice in excel, so not
sure
if
this is understandable. Let me know if further info is required.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tia
This is easier than I thought. Put the following formula in both
destination cells, B14 in the third sheet and B6 in the fourth sheet.
Note that I named your first 2 sheets One and Two. Change these names in
the formula as needed. Note that the double quotes ("") DO NOT have a space
between them.
=IF(One!B1<"",One!B1,IF(Two!B1<"",Two!B1,""))

Note that this formula will produce a blank cell in both B14 and B6 if B1 is
blank in both the first 2 sheets. Since both B14 & B6 cells appear to be
blank, you or someone may enter something in those cells by mistake. Doing
so will remove the formulas. You might want to have the formulas enter
something other than a blank cell when both B14 & B6 are blank. If you do,
then do this. Say that you want those cells to show "Tia" when B14 & B6 are
both blank. Go to the very last double quotes in the formula. Just the
last ones. Type Tia between the quotes. The formula will then be:

=IF(One!B1<"",One!B1,IF(Two!B1<"",Two!B1,"Tia"))

Come back if this doesn't do what you want. HTH Otto