Junior Member

Default How can i make excel to highlight today using conditional formating

hi experts.... can u tell me to highlight today in a table using conditional formating. I used this formula, but it didn't work
=today() and selected the RED colour
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The formula is correct, so it must be your data that's wrong.

The typical problem is that your data is not a date, it's text. Try actually
entering 11/16/08 in the cell to see if that works. If it does, then all you
have to do is change your data from text to a date. Text to Columns is one
of the better ways.

Regads,
Fred.

--
Kinghart

Junior Member

No... I've tried that too... but didn't work
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's too bad, Kinghart, as it works for me.

When you're interested in a solution, post back with more information as to
what you are doing.

Regards,
Fred.

"Kinghart" wrote in message

No... I've tried that too... but didn't work

--
Kinghart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can i make excel to highlight today using conditional formatin

Hi,

give this a try, works fine for me.

In the conditional formatting box change to 'Formula Is' and set the formula
to:
=$A$1=TODAY()

Marc