Jaydubs

Default Highlight the day of today

Hello Fellow excel(lent) users,

I am trying to make a small timesheet in which I wanna highlight todays day.

I use 4 columns:
A = Number range from 1 to max 31 (being days of the month)
B = Time punched in (to start working)
c = Time Punched out (finish work)
D = Subtracting B from C and an extra 30 mins.

In Field F1 I have the form =TODAY(), to know which day it is today.

What I want now is to highlight todays entries by using special formatting.
But the formula does not seem to work. =IF(--(DAY($O$1)=A3))

So today it is the 14th of october, which means the row of the fourteenth
should be highlighted by a yellow pattern and black bold letters.

Please help !!

--
** Fool on the hill **
Biff

Hi!

Assume your data is in the range A2:D32

Select that range
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Formula is: =DAY($F$1)=$A2
Click the Format button and select the styles you want

Biff

"Jaydubs" wrote in message
Hello Fellow excel(lent) users,

I am trying to make a small timesheet in which I wanna highlight todays
day.

I use 4 columns:
A = Number range from 1 to max 31 (being days of the month)
B = Time punched in (to start working)
c = Time Punched out (finish work)
D = Subtracting B from C and an extra 30 mins.

In Field F1 I have the form =TODAY(), to know which day it is today.

What I want now is to highlight todays entries by using special
formatting.
But the formula does not seem to work. =IF(--(DAY($O$1)=A3))

So today it is the 14th of october, which means the row of the fourteenth
should be highlighted by a yellow pattern and black bold letters.

Please help !!

--
** Fool on the hill **

Jaydubs

Hey Biff,

Great !! This is what I was looking for !!
--
** Fool on the hill **

"Jaydubs" wrote in message
Hello Fellow excel(lent) users,

I am trying to make a small timesheet in which I wanna highlight todays
day.

I use 4 columns:
A = Number range from 1 to max 31 (being days of the month)
B = Time punched in (to start working)
c = Time Punched out (finish work)
D = Subtracting B from C and an extra 30 mins.

In Field F1 I have the form =TODAY(), to know which day it is today.

What I want now is to highlight todays entries by using special
formatting.
But the formula does not seem to work. =IF(--(DAY($O$1)=A3))

So today it is the 14th of october, which means the row of the fourteenth
should be highlighted by a yellow pattern and black bold letters.

Please help !!

--
** Fool on the hill **

Junior Member

hey genius... can u tell me how to do that with the date in full i.e. 17/11/2008