Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula for numbers

I have a log book code #00001 I want this number to add 1 ( example) #00002
every time I start a new entry and store log book code to a different work
sheet
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to give us a little more to go on than that, however i think
what you want to achieve will need a little VBA.

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
http://www.thecodecage.com
The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=29994

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not really sure what your asking ?? Could you give a little more detail.

"michael" wrote:

I have a log book code #00001 I want this number to add 1 ( example) #00002
every time I start a new entry and store log book code to a different work
sheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Michael,

On First Sheet:
1. Create a Sheet & called it "Log Data", (w/o quotes).
2. Put in the 1st Row your headers. And in A2, #00001.
So it will look like this:

A B C
1 Log Code No Date Log Entry
2 #00001 11/16/08 Went Fishing

In A3 place the following formula:
=if($B3="","",$A2+1)
Drag this formula down Column A.

Custom format Column A like this:
"#"00000

On Second Sheet
1. Create a Sheet & called it "Log Number", (w/o quotes).
2. Put in the 1st Row your headers. Such As:

A B C
1 Log Code No
2

In A2 place the following formula:
='Log Data'!$A2
Drag this formula down Column A.

Custom format Column A like this:
"#"00000

And when you close the Workbook, accept changes to it.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) <message rule
<<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate