Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MFM MFM is offline

Default Pivot Table Sub Total Count Unique Dates

When I roll up a data set which includes dates the count sub total add every
occurance of the date. I would like to count how many days.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Your title doesn't agree with your question? Are you trying to count the
number of different dates, but in the question you ask to count how many
days? not dates?

In the pivot table there is no Count Distinct function, but you could put a
formula in the spreadsheet the counts all the dates in the Date field, for
example

=COUNT(B10:B100)

Cheers,
Shane

"MFM" wrote:

When I roll up a data set which includes dates the count sub total add every
occurance of the date. I would like to count how many days.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MFM MFM is offline

Thanks for your comments.

I was looking for "dates" which as you stated there is no distincet within
pivot tables.