Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default pivot table-get unique count

I have a set of data in a pivot from which I want to get the count of unique
values. The excel spreadsheet has a FREQUENCY function that will work in a
range of cells. I have tried using this in the pivot table formula. It
accepts the formula but returns a value of 1 in the data field of the pivot.
In the formula, I referance the field name instead of the cell range. Am I
doing this wrong or is there another way of doing this?