Junior Member

Default conditional formating - Help

Hi
Can Anyone help me with this
I want excel to highlight the far most date from today in red, and next far most in yellow in a following table like this...

XXXX
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Suppose your dates are in A1:A5

For A1 you could use conditional format with following formula as criteria1:
=A1=LARGE($A$1:$A$5,1)
Choose red as cell color.

For criteria2 you can use
=A1=LARGE($A$1:$A$5,2)
Choose yellow as cell color.

Now use the format painter and copy the format of A1 down to A5.

Make sure that the dates are "real" dates recognizable by Excel, not just
text.

Joerg

"Kinghart" wrote in message

Hi
Can Anyone help me with this
I want excel to highlight the far most date from today in red, and next
far most in yellow in a following table like this...

XXXX

Kinghart

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerg Mochikun View Post

"Kinghart" wrote in message

Hi
Can Anyone help me with this
I want excel to highlight the far most date from today in red, and next
far most in yellow in a following table like this...

XXXX

Kinghart
Thanks Buddy.... Ur formula was very useful though it didn't get what I wanted.... but I modified it (Large to Small) and got what I wanted. (i.e. the far most dates from today) :-)
Junior Member

can u help me with this..... I'm attaching it
Attached Files
File Type: zip Book2.zip (6.9 KB, 25 views)