Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Referencing a cell address in the Offset formla

I am using a formula =OFFSET(B2,0,6). The 6 refers to the 6th column to the
right but I want to use a reference to a cell range in there instead, in this
case H3. How can I do this?
--
thanks, Neil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your question isn't quite clear. I am assuming you have a cell reference
listed in a cell, and you want to offset from the cell reference?
i.e.: in cell B2 you have H3.
in that case, your formula would be:
=OFFSET(INDIRECT(B2),0,6)

If that isn't what you want, please provide a little more detail, current
data, current result data, expected result data.
--
** John C **
Please remember if your question is answered, to mark it answered :). It

"Highlystrung" wrote:

I am using a formula =OFFSET(B2,0,6). The 6 refers to the 6th column to the
right but I want to use a reference to a cell range in there instead, in this
case H3. How can I do this?
--
thanks, Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

John, clearly misled you. I want to use a cell reference instead of a column
offset so instead of putting 6 in for the number of columns to the right I
want to put the cell address e.g. 6 right from B2 = H2, regards, Neil
--
thanks, Neil

"Highlystrung" wrote:

I am using a formula =OFFSET(B2,0,6). The 6 refers to the 6th column to the
right but I want to use a reference to a cell range in there instead, in this
case H3. How can I do this?
--
thanks, Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok, I am still not understanding what you are trying to do. If you just want
a cell reference that is 6 columns to the right of a cell, i.e: if you want
B2 to equal to the value of H2, why not just =H2?

If I put the formula
=ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()+6,4)
in cell B2, it will return H2, is that what you are seeking?

If not, try to go into more detail of what is in B2, what is in H2, and
where does the 6 come from, and will you need to be changing rows as well.

--
** John C **