samsmimi

Default unable to total a column

I have a bank account that has a large number of checks clear each month. The
check register in our financial software package summarizes by check number,
date, vendor, and amount. When I save the ck. register to an Excel file, each
entry that comprised a check pulls also (example: one ck. number might be
listed 20 times with whatever amount that was posted for that vendor). I have
been able to combine the check numbers by doing subtotals and that works for
me. I then go in and delete all checks that have cleared for the month. I
would like to be able to get a total of all checks remaining. If I total the
column I keep getting a total for all the hidden cells as well. I have tried
copying and pasting values, then totaling, but that does not work either. I
need to find an accurate way to perform this function.
Thanks!
Peo Sjoblom

Use the subtotal function

=SUBTOTAL(9,Range)

will sum visible cells

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"samsmimi" wrote:

I have a bank account that has a large number of checks clear each month. The
check register in our financial software package summarizes by check number,
date, vendor, and amount. When I save the ck. register to an Excel file, each
entry that comprised a check pulls also (example: one ck. number might be
listed 20 times with whatever amount that was posted for that vendor). I have
been able to combine the check numbers by doing subtotals and that works for
me. I then go in and delete all checks that have cleared for the month. I
would like to be able to get a total of all checks remaining. If I total the
column I keep getting a total for all the hidden cells as well. I have tried
copying and pasting values, then totaling, but that does not work either. I
need to find an accurate way to perform this function.
Thanks!

samsmimi

Thanks so much!!!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote: