Nancy M

Default Create an if-then formula in Excel to limit column total?

I want to limit a column total to 100 percent if the column adds up to
greater than 100 percent. Is there an if-then statement for Excel?
Chip Pearson

You could use the MIN function.

=MIN(100,SUM(A1:A10))

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Nancy M" <Nancy wrote in message
I want to limit a column total to 100 percent if the column adds
up to
greater than 100 percent. Is there an if-then statement for
Excel?

Tom Ogilvy

Good chance if it is formatted as percents that you might use
=Min(1,Sum(A1:A10))

and format the cell as percent.

--
regards,