Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default is this function correct?

Is this function correct? My excel doesnt understand it. Is it because my
excel is in french? Is that a problem? I dont know how to translate the
shortcuts for functions.

=sumproduct(--(colorindex(F89)(E89:H89)=3))

or

=sumproduct(--(colorindex(E89:H89)=colorindex(F89)))

What I want is to count just numbers that are for example red. And just dont
care about numbers that are black forexample.

Thank you for help.
Honza
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Does your machine have a ColorIndex function? Mine doesn't.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"Honza" wrote:

Is this function correct? My excel doesnt understand it. Is it because my
excel is in french? Is that a problem? I dont know how to translate the
shortcuts for functions.

=sumproduct(--(colorindex(F89)(E89:H89)=3))

or

=sumproduct(--(colorindex(E89:H89)=colorindex(F89)))

What I want is to count just numbers that are for example red. And just dont
care about numbers that are black forexample.

Thank you for help.
Honza

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can't do what you want, at least not directly, using only worksheet
formulas. If you numbers were colored as a result of a conditional format,
then you should be able to use the conditional formula itself in your own
formula... that is, check the condition that made the number red and react
to that. If your number is red because of a Cell Format (for example, red
because the number is negative), then again you can use the condition that
made the number red in your own formula. If the number is red for any other
reason, you will have to use VBA code.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)