Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sorting

I am trying to create a spreadsheet for healthcare providers. I have imput
all of the data, and merged some cells to allow all specialties to be
attributed to each provider; however, when I sort, it won't let me b/c the
cells are not identical in size, but when I unmerge the cells, each specialty
is only attributed to the provider within the same row. How can I allow each
specialty to be sorted for each provider?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You data probably looks something like this when the cells are unmerged:

Provider1 Speciality 1
Specialty 2
Speciality 3
Provider 2

Fill in the providers:

Provider1 Speciality 1
Provider1 Specialty 2
Provider1 Speciality 3
Provider 2

You can do this quickly by selecting the Provider column, press F5, Special,
Blanks.
Then type = (equal sign), Up Arrow key, and press Ctrl+Enter.

Reselect the provider column and copy it, then use Edit, Paste Special,
Values to remove the formulas

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire