Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting

How do I get excel to recognize my header row as a default? I do not want to
check "Header Row" everytime I sort data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format the headers bold. Excel recognizes that and defaults to Headers rows.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"tyra" wrote in message ...
| How do I get excel to recognize my header row as a default? I do not want to
| check "Header Row" everytime I sort data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It often helps if you set the format differently from the rest of the
sheet, eg bold, or different foreground/background colours.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 1, 4:56 pm, tyra wrote:
How do I get excel to recognize my header row as a default? I do not want to
check "Header Row" everytime I sort data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Indeed! Apparently any difference in formatting will do. I never noticed that!

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Pete_UK" wrote in message ups.com...
| It often helps if you set the format differently from the rest of the
| sheet, eg bold, or different foreground/background colours.
|
| Hope this helps.
|
| Pete
|
| On Mar 1, 4:56 pm, tyra wrote:
| How do I get excel to recognize my header row as a default? I do not want to
| check "Header Row" everytime I sort data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you both so much!! It had been driving me crazy.