Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Autofill

Can I turn off autofill on one workbook but still have it on, on
another workbook if they are both open?
The problem I have is this. I have one workbook that requires A's,
D's, hd's ect in a cell. In other cells I have names, but I don't want
it to autofill. On another workbook I want autofill on to save having
to type everything.
Any idea's?
Bryan.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, if you are only typing A, or D or h in one column it is hardly
worth having autofill on, so if you turn it off (because you don't
want it for the other column) then you are hardly missing out on
anything in that workbook. Why do you need both open at the same time?
Can you not enter data into one workbook (with it turned off) and then
enter data into the other workbook (with it turned on again)?

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 7, 12:32*am, wrote:
Can I turn off autofill on one workbook but still have it on, on
another workbook if they are both open?
The problem I have is this. I have one workbook that requires A's,
D's, hd's ect in a cell. In other cells I have names, but I don't want
it to autofill. On another workbook I want autofill on to save having
to type everything.
Any idea's?
Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What you are talking about is "AutoComplete" not autofill.

This is an Application-wide setting, not a workbook or worksheet setting.

You would have to use event code to turn it off in one worksbook only and
turn it back on when you switch to another workbook or close the first
workbook.

Will you have both workbooks open at the same time or just one at a time?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:32:43 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Can I turn off autofill on one workbook but still have it on, on
another workbook if they are both open?
The problem I have is this. I have one workbook that requires A's,
D's, hd's ect in a cell. In other cells I have names, but I don't want
it to autofill. On another workbook I want autofill on to save having
to type everything.
Any idea's?
Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 7 Nov, 01:38, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
What you are talking about is "AutoComplete" not autofill.

This is an Application-wide setting, not a workbook or worksheet setting.

You would have to use event code to turn it off in one worksbook only and
turn it back on when you switch to another workbook or close the first
workbook.

Will you have both workbooks open at the same time or just one at a time?

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:32:43 -0800 (PST), wrote:
Can I turn off autofill on one workbook but still have it on, on
another workbook if they are both open?
The problem I have is this. I have one workbook that requires A's,
D's, hd's ect in a cell. In other cells I have names, but I don't want
it to autofill. On another workbook I want autofill on to save having
to type everything.
Any idea's?
Bryan.- Hide quoted text -

The reasons being that we use Excel for a multitude of different jobs.
I need to have several workbooks open at the same time. Manning, stock
counts, 5S reports, process confirmations, loading slips and Absence
management, to name but a few. Agreed I don't need all of them at the
same time, but I do most.
I need to have Autocomplete off for one workbook, but on for the
others. But anyway, my question was answered, thank you all.

autofill scott Excel Worksheet Functions 2 September 10th 08 07:27 AM
Autofill Ann New Users to Excel 1 January 7th 08 07:38 PM
Autofill Mrich Excel Worksheet Functions 2 June 22nd 06 02:13 AM
Autofill until uberathlete Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 November 9th 05 06:01 PM
Autofill: Need to autofill one week block, (5) weekday only into cells. dstock Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 17th 05 08:21 PM