Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how can I compare two columns

I download a new report every morning that has part numbers, due dates, and
qty. The report does not have the same part numbers on it everyday. For
example when the customer has recieved their part it will not show up in the
following days report. Is there a way for me to compare two columns and have
them match up?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There is a MATCH function which does this, and also the various Lookup
functions compare one value with a range of values. If you look for an
exact match then you will get the #N/A error if none is found, and you
can trap this using the ISNA function.

If you give some more details of how your data is laid out and what
you want to do with it, then I might be able to give you a specific
formula.

Hope this helps.

Pete