Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default List help!

0Ok I am trying to do this, I want to use A to show if a donar (Column B) has
been active in the last 30 days. K is how many days since they have donated
and L is how many total donations they have given. So I need a forumla that
works (mine doesn't seem to) where it will check the date K L number of times
and if one of them is less then or equal to 30 then colum A should say True.

B = don0r's ID
K = days since last donation
L = total donations

A B ~K L
?? 2 90 4
2 70 4
2 60 4
2 30 4
?? 31 88 2
34 45 2

So I have colums B-L and set up and I can't figure out how to do column A...
any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Seems to me that you are setting this up in a very awkward fashion. It'd be
better to just list the date of each donation by Donor ID, then use one
simple formula to count how many times any given Donor has made a donation
and another simple formula to calculate how recently they donated.

This first formula would look at all Donor IDs in column B and tell you how
many times Donor xyz was the

=COUNTIF(b2:B10000, "xyz")

This second formula would find the LAST donation date (i.e., most recent
donation) for xyz and tell you how many days ago that was.

THIS IS AN ARRAY FORMULA, so it must be entered by pressing Ctrl-Shift-Enter

=(TODAY()-MAX(IF(B2:B10000="xyz",K2:K10000)))