Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default time sheets

I am using this formula to add the hours that a tech has worked in a day,
however I need it count by half hour intervals when I changed the 1 to .5 it
counted 0.

=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C6:S6),1,0))

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What's in C6:S6?

Regards,
Fred.

"springtimetigger" wrote in
message ...
I am using this formula to add the hours that a tech has worked in a day,
however I need it count by half hour intervals when I changed the 1 to .5
it
counted 0.

=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C6:S6),1,0))

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 5, 2:24*pm, springtimetigger
wrote:
I am using this formula to add the hours that a tech has worked in a day,
however I need it count by half hour intervals when I changed the 1 to .5 it
counted 0.

=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C6:S6),1,0))

Thanks in advance!

I think you want to make that a 2, not .5. And don't forget to CSE
enter it since it is an array.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you need to use only =SUM(C6:S6). It should work.

--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak

"Fred Smith" wrote:

What's in C6:S6?

Regards,
Fred.

"springtimetigger" wrote in
message ...
I am using this formula to add the hours that a tech has worked in a day,
however I need it count by half hour intervals when I changed the 1 to .5
it
counted 0.

=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C6:S6),1,0))

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

job numbers

"Fred Smith" wrote:

What's in C6:S6?

Regards,
Fred.

"springtimetigger" wrote in
message ...
I am using this formula to add the hours that a tech has worked in a day,
however I need it count by half hour intervals when I changed the 1 to .5
it
counted 0.

=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C6:S6),1,0))

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I need it to add a half hour if anything is entered in the cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Now that's a big help.

You get out of this group what you put in. If we can't understand what
you're asking for, we can't help you.

Regards,
Fred.

"springtimetigger" wrote in