Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Index/Match to get Count (from Subtotals) into a Table of Names

I have subtotals on the second page of my workbook, counting names of
persons, and a list of persons on the first page. I though, maybe, I could
use Index/Match to get the results of the counts of the persons on the second
page into a table of names on the first page, but that didn't work. I have
this function:
=INDEX(RUBY!$D$2:$D$4500,MATCH(B5,RUBY!$D$2:$D$450 0,0))

This matches the names fine, but I really wanted to putt the numbers (the
counts of names) into the table of names.

Please help.

Thanks,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 5, 1:11*pm, ryguy7272
wrote:
I have subtotals on the second page of my workbook, counting names of
persons, and a list of persons on the first page. *I though, maybe, I could
use Index/Match to get the results of the counts of the persons on the second
page into a table of names on the first page, but that didn't work. *I have
this function: *
=INDEX(RUBY!$D$2:$D$4500,MATCH(B5,RUBY!$D$2:$D$450 0,0))

This matches the names fine, but I really wanted to putt the numbers (the
counts of names) into the table of names.

Please help.

Thanks,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

If your Subtotals work, why can't you just duplicate them on the first
sheet? Otherwise, you need a counting function, not a lookup. COUNTIF
might be useful.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why not use Sumproduct like the one below
=Sumproduct(--(RUBY!$D$2:$D$4500=B5))

it will tell you how many times the name in B5 occurs in RUBY!$D$2:$D$4500

"ryguy7272" wrote:

I have subtotals on the second page of my workbook, counting names of
persons, and a list of persons on the first page. I though, maybe, I could
use Index/Match to get the results of the counts of the persons on the second
page into a table of names on the first page, but that didn't work. I have
this function:
=INDEX(RUBY!$D$2:$D$4500,MATCH(B5,RUBY!$D$2:$D$450 0,0))

This matches the names fine, but I really wanted to putt the numbers (the
counts of names) into the table of names.

Please help.

Thanks,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Index/Match to get Count (from Subtotals) into a Table of Name

Woo-Hoo!! That did it Sheeloo!!

Thanks so much!!
Ryan------
--