Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Match and Count duplicate names

Hello all: I have a list of names I need to match with another workbook. I
also want to count how many times these names appear, including duplicates.

For example, the list in the report would be:
Joe Smith
Avery Terry
Patty Wong
Kyle Robbs
Mary Kay
Patty Wong
Mary Kay
Jim Beam
Avery Terry

My list I need to match and count how many times they appear would consist of:
Mary Kay
Kyle Robbs
Avery Terry

TIA for your help
Donald
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A13: holds Mary Kay
A14: holds Kyle Robbs
and so on...

=COUNTIF(rng,A13)
copy down

"Donald B" wrote:

Hello all: I have a list of names I need to match with another workbook. I
also want to count how many times these names appear, including duplicates.

For example, the list in the report would be:
Joe Smith
Avery Terry
Patty Wong
Kyle Robbs
Mary Kay
Patty Wong
Mary Kay
Jim Beam
Avery Terry

My list I need to match and count how many times they appear would consist of:
Mary Kay
Kyle Robbs
Avery Terry

TIA for your help
Donald

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

I suggest to use mz UDF lfreq:
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/listfreq.html

Regards,
Bernd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That worked perfect! - Thank you

"Teethless mama" wrote:

A13: holds Mary Kay
A14: holds Kyle Robbs
and so on...

=COUNTIF(rng,A13)
copy down

"Donald B" wrote:

Hello all: I have a list of names I need to match with another workbook. I
also want to count how many times these names appear, including duplicates.

For example, the list in the report would be:
Joe Smith
Avery Terry
Patty Wong
Kyle Robbs
Mary Kay
Patty Wong
Mary Kay
Jim Beam
Avery Terry

My list I need to match and count how many times they appear would consist of:
Mary Kay
Kyle Robbs
Avery Terry

TIA for your help
Donald

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hey Bernd - Thanks - i'll have to study this one... it's a little more
complex.
Thanks again