Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default "IF" formula

I have a formula in a cell =sum(F3*$I$2), I would like to add another formula
that changes I2 to a greater number if F3 is greater then a predetermined
number.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As you are not very specific, try this:

=IF(F3predetermined_number, F3*greater_number, F3*$I$2)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 5, 6:26*pm, George wrote:
I have a formula in a cell =sum(F3*$I$2), I would like to add another formula
that changes I2 to a greater number if F3 is greater then a predetermined
number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Pete, here is what I need;
I have one cell that has a square footage number in it, this number is then
multiplied by another number in a different cell. If the square footage
number goes over 16, I would like to multipy the square footage number by the
original number plus 1.35 more.

On Nov 5, 6:26 pm, George wrote:
I have a formula in a cell =sum(F3*$I$2), I would like to add another formula
that changes I2 to a greater number if F3 is greater then a predetermined
number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well then, try this:

=IF(F316, F3*$I$2*1.35, F3*$I$2)

using the same cell references as before.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 5, 6:26 pm, George wrote:
I have a formula in a cell =sum(F3*$I$2), I would like to add another formula
that changes I2 to a greater number if F3 is greater then a predetermined
number.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks again Pete, it's close, but I don't want to multiply by the 1.35, I
want to add the 1.35 to the existing number. The existing number is 4.75, if
the square footage is over 16 I want the new multiplier to be 6.10, (4.75 +
1.35) but if the square footage is under 16 I need the multiplier to remain
at 4.75