Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Formula's

I have designed an excel golf score programme but I want to change how a
formula to show either "1" or a blank instead of "FALSE" or "TRUE"under the
following conditions:-
if(A3=A4),and(A5<2) I want "1" or else a blank and if(a3=0) I want a blank.
Can anyone help please? I am using Excel 2003
Thanks,
Fred Golfer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(A3=0,"",IF(AND(A3=A4,A5<2),1,""))

I think this is what you meant.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 5, 5:29*pm, Fred Golfer
wrote:
I have designed an excel golf score programme but I want to change how a
formula to show either "1" or a blank instead of "FALSE" or "TRUE"under the
following conditions:-
if(A3=A4),and(A5<2) I want "1" or else a blank and if(a3=0) I want a blank.
Can anyone help please? I am using Excel 2003
Thanks,
Fred Golfer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the fast response. When I tried it and error was indicated and
the formula slightly changed as follows:-
=IF(A3=0,"",IF(AND(A3=A4,A5<2)*1,"")) and the word "FALSE" was displayed.
Any idea what it could be??
Thanks again'
Fred Golfer

wrote:
I have designed an excel golf score programme but I want to change how a
formula to show either "1" or a blank instead of "FALSE" or "TRUE"under the
following conditions:-
if(A3=A4),and(A5<2) I want "1" or else a blank and if(a3=0) I want a blank.
Can anyone help please? I am using Excel 2003
Thanks,
Fred Golfer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just click in the formula bar to edit that formula, and change the *
back to a comma.

What error was indicated?

Pete

wrote:
I have designed an excel golf score programme but I want to change how a
formula to show either "1" or a blank instead of "FALSE" or "TRUE"under the
following conditions:-
if(A3=A4),and(A5<2) I want "1" or else a blank and if(a3=0) I want a blank.
Can anyone help please? I am using Excel 2003
Thanks,
Fred Golfer- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you got an error it is presumably because you tried to type in the
formula (and got it wrong) instead of copying the formula from the newsgroup
and pasting it into the formula bar.
The change you made to the formula is the reason why you got FALSE returned.
The original formula given by Pete_UK was correct.

[Note also that if you want help it isn't much good just saying "... and
error was indicated ...".
You'd need to tell us what the error message was.]
--
David Biddulph

wrote:
I have designed an excel golf score programme but I want to change how
formula to show either "1" or a blank instead of "FALSE" or "TRUE"under
the
following conditions:-
if(A3=A4),and(A5<2) I want "1" or else a blank and if(a3=0) I want a
blank.
Can anyone help please? I am using Excel 2003
Thanks,
Fred Golfer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your reply David, You were correct, I had made a typo. The
formula works great.
Thanks again,
Fred Golfer

wrote:
I have designed an excel golf score programme but I want to change how
formula to show either "1" or a blank instead of "FALSE" or "TRUE"under
the
following conditions:-
if(A3=A4),and(A5<2) I want "1" or else a blank and if(a3=0) I want a
blank.
Can anyone help please? I am using Excel 2003
Thanks,
Fred Golfer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, Fred - thanks for feeding back.

Pete