Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Display Text in Formula Bar for certain cells

I have a column that it only 1 pt wide (and I want to keep it that width) and
I want to display the contents of this cell (which is a formula from another
worksheet) in the text format which is not able to be seen because of the
width of the cell.

If there is a way to make a comment pop up when that cell is highlighted
displaying information from another worksheet that would work as well, but I
don't think Excel is capable.

Thanks
Tracy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are many ways...
Following will show the value in the status bar if you click on any cell in
Col F
If Left(Target.Address, 2) = "$F" Then
Application.StatusBar = "Cell " & Target.Address & "=" & Target.Value

You can also run a macro to add comments to the column...
See http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html for excellent examples for
dealing with comments...

"Tracy" wrote:

I have a column that it only 1 pt wide (and I want to keep it that width) and
I want to display the contents of this cell (which is a formula from another
worksheet) in the text format which is not able to be seen because of the
width of the cell.

If there is a way to make a comment pop up when that cell is highlighted
displaying information from another worksheet that would work as well, but I
don't think Excel is capable.

Thanks
Tracy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your requirement can be met with a macro. Since you are not familiar with
them you may see and introduction at
http://www.taltech.com/support/sw_tricks/exmacros.htm