Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default want to share workbook but limit the sheets each user sees

I have a budget workbook with different tabs for each department. These tabs
are also linked into support tabs. I would like to be able to save a master
workbook for each department but only allow them to see their own department
tab (10 different workbooks, each showing a different tab). Then use the
merge function to bring all the changes into the master.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 4, 5:48*pm, Mikekne wrote:
I have a budget workbook with different tabs for each department. *These tabs
are also linked into support tabs. *I would like to be able to save a master
workbook for each department but only allow them to see their own department
tab (10 different workbooks, each showing a different tab). *Then use the
merge function to bring all the changes into the master.

If you are going to give them each a separate file, anyway, why is
there an issue? Give them each a file with one worksheet for their
department, and have your master file reference each one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for responding,

I would like to have secure way for each department manager to access one of
many workbook sheet while being easy to integrate the entries from 10
different people.

Spiky gave me a good answer below.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

So, what exactly are you asking for?

Pete

On Nov 4, 11:48 pm, Mikekne wrote:
I have a budget workbook with different tabs for each department. These tabs
are also linked into support tabs. I would like to be able to save a master
workbook for each department but only allow them to see their own department
tab (10 different workbooks, each showing a different tab). Then use the
merge function to bring all the changes into the master.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 5, 9:39*am, Mikekne wrote:
Thank you,

That seems much too easy :-) But you are correct

No problem.

You probably won't find it all that easy once you are trying to get a
dozen different files and departments on the same timeline. And
dealing with links in Excel.