Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I multiply either column 1 or column 2 by same multiplier?

I have 4 columns of data ( #of units, old work price, new work price, &
total). How do I multiply number of units by either old work price, or new
work price, based on column where data is entered?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

assuming that the total is defined as #units X old work price (unless of
course there is a new work price, then it would be #units X new work price).
A2: #units, B2: old work price, C2: new work price
D2: =IF(C2="",B2,C2)*A2
If this isn't what you are looking for, give more info, based on what column
of what kind of data is entered?
--
** John C **

"broadoak8" wrote:

I have 4 columns of data ( #of units, old work price, new work price, &
total). How do I multiply number of units by either old work price, or new
work price, based on column where data is entered?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming that only one or the other will contain an entry:

=#of units * MAX(old work price, new work price)

=A1*MAX(B1,C1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP