Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF Function (I THINK) Excel 2003

I had an old spread sheet I created in 2003 and recently transferred to 2007.
My formulas are no longer working and I'm trying to figure out how I created
it in the first place.

It's pretty basic---all I want is for it to read: In cell C2 --if B2= W
C2 should be 2 if B2= L C2 should be .5.

I play online Backgammon and keep track of my wins/losses this way. I
believe I used the IF function, but tried to figure it out all weekend and
couldnt come up with anything that worked...I know it's something really
easy---just can't remember what it is. Thanks for any help you can give me
on this!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

.. In cell C2, if B2= W, C2 should be 2 if B2= L, C2 should be .5

In C2: =IF(B2="W",2,IF(B2="L",0.5,""))
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

C2: =IF(B2="W",2,IF(B2="L",0.5,""))

or, if B2 must have either W or L:

C2: =IF(B2="W",2,0.5)

or, if B2 must be either blank, W, or L:

C2: =IF(B2="","",IF(B2="W",2,0.5))

In article ,
Bons wrote:

I had an old spread sheet I created in 2003 and recently transferred to 2007.
My formulas are no longer working and I'm trying to figure out how I created
it in the first place.

It's pretty basic---all I want is for it to read: In cell C2 --if B2= W
C2 should be 2 if B2= L C2 should be .5.

I play online Backgammon and keep track of my wins/losses this way. I
believe I used the IF function, but tried to figure it out all weekend and
couldnt come up with anything that worked...I know it's something really
easy---just can't remember what it is. Thanks for any help you can give me
on this!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

THANKS so much for the Very SPeedy answer!!! It worked like a charm! And
from your answer was able to figure out how I should have done it with the
Insert Function. Thanks again!!! I Love this site!!!

"Max" wrote:

.. In cell C2, if B2= W, C2 should be 2 if B2= L, C2 should be .5

In C2: =IF(B2="W",2,IF(B2="L",0.5,""))
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:20,000 Files:362 Subscribers:62
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Welcome. Pl mark all responses which help answer your queries by pressing the
Yes buttons (like the ones below).