Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I calc totals for specifc techs on a specific date?

I need to calc the total number of help desk tickets completed by a tech on a
given date from a source worksheet that contains tickets for all techs on
multiple dates.

Using the below formulas I'm able to get the total tickets on a specifc
date, and also get the totals by tech for the entire month. What I need is
to calc the tickets by tech, by date. My select criteria in the fomulas is a
cell from another worksheet

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!$O2:$O2175,F4) = ticket counts by date
=COUNTIF(Sheet2!E2:E2175,A5) = tickets counts by tech for the entire month
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi, try a Pivot Table

--
Pecoflyer
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!E2:E2175=A5),--(Sheet2!$O2:$O2175=F4))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Francis" wrote in message
I need to calc the total number of help desk tickets completed by a tech on
given date from a source worksheet that contains tickets for all techs on
multiple dates.

Using the below formulas I'm able to get the total tickets on a specifc
date, and also get the totals by tech for the entire month. What I need
is
to calc the tickets by tech, by date. My select criteria in the fomulas
is a
cell from another worksheet

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!$O2:$O2175,F4) = ticket counts by date
=COUNTIF(Sheet2!E2:E2175,A5) = tickets counts by tech for the entire month

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want to use a formula,

=SUMPRODUCT( (Sheet2!$O2:$O2175 = F4) * (Sheet2!E2:E2175 = A5) )

--
shg
shg's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=13

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Pecoflyer" wrote:

Hi, try a Pivot Table

--
Pecoflyer
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=24088

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Since there is no message I presume you want to know how? Lets suppose your
data, with one row of titles, starts in A1

1. Place your cursor in the data and choose Data, PivotTable & PivotChart
Report
2. Click Next, if the selected range is correct click Next
3. Click Layout and drag the Tech field button into the Row area, then drag
the Date field into the Row area below the Tech field. Drag the Tech field
into the Data area (notice it says count of tech) and click OK. Click Finish

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Francis" wrote: