Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Name Box in Excel 2007

Hello
How can I rearrange names in Name Box of a sheet. I can not find any help
about this in help system

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As far as I know this is not possible. Excel lists the names alphabetically.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Waleed" wrote in message
Hello
How can I rearrange names in Name Box of a sheet. I can not find any help
about this in help system

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff is right. However, with a bit of work you can change to suite.

Change the range names by adding the suffix a,b,c...z to each name. Select
the first name add A in front and click Add, then delete the old name. Repeat
until finished.

Next use Replace in the Edit menu to replace the old names with the new and
this will replace any formulas that include the range names.

Regards
Peter Atherton

"Waleed" wrote in message
Hello
How can I rearrange names in Name Box of a sheet. I can not find any help
about this in help system

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

why do you want it in a different order? If you want to pick quickly from
the list type the first letter(s) in the Name Box and THEN open the drop
down. Excel will have selected the first item with that letter(s). If you
open the Name Box and then type the letter Excel will not pick a matching
entry.

You can also press F5 click on any name and type.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Waleed" wrote:

Hello
How can I rearrange names in Name Box of a sheet. I can not find any help
about this in help system

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want to change names, far better to get hold of Jan Karel Pieterse's
NameManager utility, http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.asp

--
HTH

Bob