Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup command not giving the correct result

I have a spread sheet in which I am using vlookup command.
I want and exact match, if I give FALSE for range_lookup it returns the
result #NA and if I omit FALSE it gives the correct result for the first row,
and repeats the same result for the rest of the rows.

Can some one help me as to what is wrong. A visual inspection of my file
suggests that nothing is wrong the required values are there in the table
array.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 1 nov, 12:30, VKL Narayanan
wrote:
I have a spread sheet in which I am using vlookup command.
I want and exact match, if I give FALSE for range_lookup it returns the
result #NA and if I omit FALSE it gives the correct result for the first row,
and repeats the same result for the rest of the rows.

Can some one help me as to what is wrong. A visual inspection of my file
suggests that nothing is wrong the required values are there in the table
array.

Hello

By performing a vlookup you're trying to match cell values.
Try to match 2 examples that seem to visualy match, by testing if
they're equal according to Excel.
You can enter this formula =(cell1=cell2_that_seems_to_work).
If Excel returns false it means that the 2 values you're testing are
not exactly the same, if it returns true, there's maybe something
wrong with the ranges entered in the formula.

Hope that helps

Regards
Fabien
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Try Debra's page at:
Scroll down to: Troubleshoot the VLOOKUP formula
(slightly more than halfway down the page)
--
Max
Singapore