Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Date Projection

I have 2 columns. In the first column I would have dates and I want the next
column to project teh first day of the upcoming month based on the date in
column A. Anyway way to do that as a function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)

Copy down as needed

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
I have 2 columns. In the first column I would have dates and I want the
next
column to project teh first day of the upcoming month based on the date in
column A. Anyway way to do that as a function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=DATE(YEAR(A5),MONTH(A5)+1,DAY(1))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Oct 31, 1:16*pm, Paul wrote:
I have 2 columns. *In the first column I would have dates and I want the next
column to project teh first day of the upcoming month based on the date in
column A. *Anyway way to do that as a function?

With Excel 2007 or Analysis Toolpak:

=EOMONTH(A1,0)+1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming the Analysis Tool-Pak add-in is installed, you could use this formula:
=EOMONTH(A1,0)+1
--
** John C **

"Paul" wrote:

I have 2 columns. In the first column I would have dates and I want the next
column to project teh first day of the upcoming month based on the date in
column A. Anyway way to do that as a function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=EOMONTH(A1,0)+1

The Op will probably be ok if they use that but try it on this date:

2/11/1900

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Spiky" wrote in message
On Oct 31, 1:16 pm, Paul wrote:
I have 2 columns. In the first column I would have dates and I want the
next
column to project teh first day of the upcoming month based on the date in
column A. Anyway way to do that as a function?

With Excel 2007 or Analysis Toolpak:

=EOMONTH(A1,0)+1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Oct 31, 1:42*pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
=EOMONTH(A1,0)+1

The Op will probably be ok if they use that but try it on this date:

2/11/1900

WOW!! You're really old!

J/K ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, they copied this intentionally from Lotus 123 where it was a bug.
Of course that was before they became a de facto monopoly and when Lotus 123
was the leading spreadsheet.

Peo Sjoblom

"Spiky" wrote in message
On Oct 31, 1:16 pm, Paul wrote:
I have 2 columns. In the first column I would have dates and I want the
next
column to project teh first day of the upcoming month based on the date
in
column A. Anyway way to do that as a function?

With Excel 2007 or Analysis Toolpak:

=EOMONTH(A1,0)+1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

WOW!! You're really old!

Not really. I'm just a young punk! <g

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Spiky" wrote in message
On Oct 31, 1:42 pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
=EOMONTH(A1,0)+1

The Op will probably be ok if they use that but try it on this date:

2/11/1900

WOW!! You're really old!

J/K ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

And this is why there is a 1904 date system option. The Mac version of
Excel did not need to follow 1-2-3 so the stepped around the error.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire