Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lookup reference

I have a league schedule, listing teams by columns and rows arranged by date.
Each team has a column for opponent and another for game result (W or L). I
want to display results for each team's last 10 games (i.e., 6 wins, 4
losses) at the bottom of the column. There are "off" dates included in the
columns (no game played).

Giants Royals Padres Red Sox
6/1 Royals W Giants L Red Sox W Padres L
6/2 Royals L Giants W Red Sox W Padres L
6/3 Padres W Giants L
6/4 Padres W Red Sox L Giants L Royals W

I would also like to identify each team's current "streak," such as '4 wins'
or '8 losses.'

I'm assuming the formula will include Lookup, Count, Countif, etc, but not
sure how to simplify it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This will be best solved with a macro.

Are you ok with that? Let us know.

I am assuming you fill the results as the games are played.

Can you send the file to me? Having real data makes it easier.

to get my email address:

add @hotmail.com to my id to_sheeloo