Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom tom is offline

Default Macro to select, cut and paste

I am trying very hard not to have to ask for help and learn for my self but I
have to swallow my pride and ask anyway.

I need help! I would like to be able to have a way to select a "search word"
and be able to cut and paste that same row to a new sheet. This needs to be
done before I am able to do my time stamp equations.

Thanks for any and all help - hope this makes sense!

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just one word and only in one row?

Try the macro recorder whilst you autofilter, select the row, insert a new
worksheet and copy the row to that new sheet.

Prolly have to tune it up a bit after.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:26:05 -0700, Tom
wrote:

I am trying very hard not to have to ask for help and learn for my self but I
have to swallow my pride and ask anyway.

I need help! I would like to be able to have a way to select a "search word"
and be able to cut and paste that same row to a new sheet. This needs to be
done before I am able to do my time stamp equations.

Thanks for any and all help - hope this makes sense!

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom tom is offline

Thanks for the info.

I need to select same word from several rows while keeping the rest of the
data intact. Filter,cut & paste creates huge holes in my data from the hidden
(filtered) data being cut also.

wrote:

I am trying very hard not to have to ask for help and learn for my self but I
have to swallow my pride and ask anyway.

I need help! I would like to be able to have a way to select a "search word"
and be able to cut and paste that same row to a new sheet. This needs to be
done before I am able to do my time stamp equations.

Thanks for any and all help - hope this makes sense!

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

After you filter, F5SpecialVisible cells onlyOK

Copy those.

Gord