Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HyperLinks

How do I program the hyperlinks to be relative? In other words, I have
hyperliks programmed for other tabs of the same workbook. When I insert a new
row or rows, the cell definition in the actual hyperlink on the Table of
Contents tab does not change.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are hyperlinking to a cell in the workbook (either in the current
sheeet or not), the easiest way to make the destination relative is to assign
a Defined Name to the destination and hyperlink using that destination.

This will work using either Insert Hyperlinks
or
the =HYPERLINK() function
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200810

"Jerry Foley" wrote:

How do I program the hyperlinks to be relative? In other words, I have
hyperliks programmed for other tabs of the same workbook. When I insert a new
row or rows, the cell definition in the actual hyperlink on the Table of
Contents tab does not change.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks,
How exactly do I do that? Is the definition in the cell I am hyperlinking to?
I was just trying to edit the hyperlink and where it says type in cell
reference I was using the $ before the cell and number i.e. $c$123.
Any help would be apprciated.
Jerry

"Jerry Foley" wrote:

How do I program the hyperlinks to be relative? In other words, I have
hyperliks programmed for other tabs of the same workbook. When I insert a new
row or rows, the cell definition in the actual hyperlink on the Table of
Contents tab does not change.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Highlight the cell or range to which you want to hyperlink and then Insert
name Define. Once you have done so, the name will appear in the
Hyperlinks dialog box. Now while you are on the cell which has to be a
hyperlink, press Ctrl+K. In the white box to the right, you will see 2
broad categories. Just go to the Defined names category and select the
name.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Jerry Foley" wrote:

How do I program the hyperlinks to be relative? In other words, I have
hyperliks programmed for other tabs of the same workbook. When I insert
a new
row or rows, the cell definition in the actual hyperlink on the Table
of
Contents tab does not change.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Suppose you want to jump to cell C25 in Sheet2 - you could have a
formula like this somewhere in Sheet1:

=HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!C"&ROWS(Sheet2!A1:A25))

and this will show "#Sheet2!C25" in the cell, which if you click on
it, will take you to that cell. Now if you insert, say, four new rows
in Sheet2 somewhere between row 1 and row 25 then the formula will
automatically adjust and the cell will show "#Sheet2!C29", and that's
where you will jump to.

However, if you insert rows after row 25 then the formula will not
change - I think this is what you wanted. Inserting rows in Sheet1
will have no effect (other than maybe moving the formula down).

Hope this helps.

Pete