Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
zia zia is offline

Default SUMIF multiple criteria

Hi,
I have two columns A and B. A column has Account # and B column has amounts
A B
10 100
11 200
10 300
13 400
14 500
11 600
Now I want to sum column B if value in column A is either equal to 10 OR 11?
so the formula in the above example should return 1200.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6=10)*B1:B6)+SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6=11 )*B1:B6)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200810

"Zia" wrote:

Hi,
I have two columns A and B. A column has Account # and B column has amounts
A B
10 100
11 200
10 300
13 400
14 500
11 600
Now I want to sum column B if value in column A is either equal to 10 OR 11?
so the formula in the above example should return 1200.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMIF(A1:A6,10,B1:B6)+SUMIF(A1:A6,11,B1:B6)

or

=SUM(SUMIF(A1:A6,{10,11},B1:B6))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try it this way: