Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default multiple SUMIF criteria

Imagine the following columns:
A is the Project#
B is the Cost Type (Exp or Cap)
and C through M (a column for each month of the year) that contains the
invoice amount received.
There are 200 rows of data

I would like to add up all of the Capital invoices for a specific
project...can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

SUMIF is fine if you only have one criterion, but if you have two or
more then you can use SUMPRODUCT. Bob Phillips shows how he

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 9, 9:11*pm, Markl9869
wrote:
Imagine the following columns:
A is the Project#
B is the Cost Type (Exp or Cap)
and C through M (a column for each month of the year) that contains the
invoice amount received.
There are 200 rows of data

I would like to add up all of the Capital invoices for a specific
project...can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I hope you are not the one who wants everything in one formula.
Assuming your amounts are in Col C-N (C-M will give you 11 cells only)
enter this in Col O and copy down
=SUM(C1:N1)

Enter this anywhere (other than Cols A, B and O);
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="A"),--(B1:B100="Cap"),(O1:O100))

Replace A with your project#.

"Markl9869" wrote:

Imagine the following columns:
A is the Project#
B is the Cost Type (Exp or Cap)
and C through M (a column for each month of the year) that contains the
invoice amount received.
There are 200 rows of data

I would like to add up all of the Capital invoices for a specific
project...can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your data is in Sheet2 then replace A1:A100 with Sheet2!A1:A100 and
so on for other columns...

You can also type the formula to =SUMPRODUCT(--( then go to sheet2 and
select the range in Col A then type ="A"),--( and select range in Col B and
so on...