Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Versions of workbooks- Excel 2007

Is it possible to save versions of a workbook in order to be able you to go
back to a previous version of the spreadsheet? I know that you can save as
another filename. A delegate told me that there was a way to do this, I know
that it is possible in the word but never heard of it in Excel. Any help
would be appreciated

Thanks

Diane
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I use File | Save as with a different filename - usually I add "_a",
"_b", "_c" etc to the end of the filename. This is for earlier
versions than XL2007 - perhaps that has some newer features to
automatically allow you to increment the filename saved.

Pete

On Oct 29, 11:22*am, DianeG wrote:
Is it possible to save versions of a workbook in order to be able you to go
back to a previous version of the spreadsheet? *I know that you can save as
another filename. *A delegate told me that there was a way to do this, I know
that it is possible in the word but never heard of it in Excel. *Any help
would be appreciated

Thanks

Diane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your file is on a network drive running under Windows XP, then if you
select the file and look under Properties, there should be a right-hand tab
labelled "Previous versions".
--
David Biddulph

"DianeG" wrote in message
Is it possible to save versions of a workbook in order to be able you to
go
back to a previous version of the spreadsheet? I know that you can save
as
another filename. A delegate told me that there was a way to do this, I
know
that it is possible in the word but never heard of it in Excel. Any help
would be appreciated

Thanks

Diane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Many people are starting to use SharePoint as a substitute for file shares.
Within SharePoint you can save major and minor versions of Office files.
Perhaps that is what was described to you