Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copying formulas only

i have windows vista and excel 2007. I created an IF formula in one cell and
want to use the same formula down the column but referencing other
information.

I used to be able to do this with Excel 2003 by copying the cell with the
formula and expanding it to the remainder cells in the column. It would
automatically understand what I was asking it to do.

Now it copies the formula in its self and does not recognize the other
information. Under tools I have it to calculations automatic. But still no
luck... can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "copying the formula in its self". What is
the formula you you are trying to copy? Excel 2007 will do anything in this
area that 2003 did to the best of my knowledge.

Choose Office Button, Excel Options, Advanced, and make sure Extend data
range formats and formulas is checked. This feature only works under certain
conditons.
Click the ? mark at the top left corner of the window and read the Help
systyems explanation of this feature.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire