Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AccountingStudent AccountingStudent is offline

Default copying formulas only

i have windows vista and excel 2007. I created an IF formula in one cell and
want to use the same formula down the column but referencing other
information.

I used to be able to do this with Excel 2003 by copying the cell with the
formula and expanding it to the remainder cells in the column. It would
automatically understand what I was asking it to do.

Now it copies the formula in its self and does not recognize the other
information. Under tools I have it to calculations automatic. But still no
luck... can someone help?