Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to find out how long it's been since a link updated

Hello Knowledgable ones,

I have an Excel 2003 worksheet that have external links in it to a website.
The links should be updating every 20 seconds. I want to be able to write a
formular in excel or somewthing that will tell me how long it has been since
the cell last updated as it is really imporatant that I am looking at current
info (and I have had problems with the data source going off line).

I would also love to be able to record what the data was before the info
updates as well so I can so what the movements have been.

Any idea???

Thanks

Jenny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The easiest way to precisely control the updates is to use an OnTime Event.
You can:
1. synch the update time to your system clock
2. record values before and after the refresh
3. record the last refresh time in a cell

At any point you can display the time since the last update or the time to
the next update.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200810