Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Red Red is offline

Default Cell number replacement

I need to put a formla into a cell so that it chooses the last entry in a
column. I have doe this once before but can't remember whats required.
I need to say =A? where ? is "count A3:A300" so the answer in the formula
point to ,say, A25 if thats the last entry in the column.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If its a numeric value try this

=LOOKUP(10^23,A1:A300)

or if it could be text
=INDIRECT("A"&SUMPRODUCT(MAX((ROW(A1:A300))*(A1:A3 00<""))))

Mike