Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Updating Sum Total

I have Month Total and Total to Date Row. My total to date update
automatically but my Month Total do not update automatically. Is it possible
for to get Month Total updated automatically once I enter new rows of
information.

E. g A1 10000
A2 12000
A3 8000
a4 10000 - Lets say this is Aug Total Sum(A1:A4) $40000
A5 15000
A6 5000
A7 10000
A8 15000 - Sep Total Sum (A5:A8) $45,000
$85000 - Total to date Sum(A1:A8)- This updates automatically
so I do not have problem with this.

The Monthly total do not update automatically so I have to reference the
cells for each new month once information is entered in the column. Is it
possible to use the IF Statement or find last 4 rows of date before it sums
so I can always get Total monthly update without doing this manually. I do
this for multiple sheets and will totally appreciate all assistance. This
affects my graph too. I have to update my graph across multiple sheets for
newly monthly update

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use
=Subtotal(9,A1:A4) for monthly subtotals [change the range for each month
once... if you insert rows it will adjust]

For grandtotal use
=Subtotal(9,A1:A100) or whatever range you have

Subtotals skip any subtotal in the range...