Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Priority (with macro??)

Hi everybody

I have a list of works for several machines
A B
Machine1 Work1
Machine1 Work2
Machine2 Work1
Machine2 Work2
Machine2 Work3

manually, i can assing a priority number for each work (let's say in column C)
to see which should be done first
(work2 in machine1 can be done before work1)

what I want to know
it's if is possible to do it in a semi-automatic or automatic way

I thought in maybe buttons
to increase or decrease the number
BUT at the same time, modify the priority number of the other works on the
same machine

if this could be archieved with a formula, even better

in short
modify the number assigned as priority for a list of works to be done on the
same machine
(also, if new works are added for the machine, a priority number shold be
assigned automatically, and be able to modify as well)

hope i've explained myself
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No you have not :-)

Suppose you have five rows for Machine 1 Work 1, say in row 10,23,32,54,56,
how will you assign the nos?
Then suppose you enter the same combination Machine 1 Work 1 in say row 70?
What would you like to do?
Will you ever insert BEFORE the existing row? Will you delete rows....

"Alonso" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oops..

well
here i go again

right now, I assing the numbers manually
(in your example, suppose that in C10 I insert a 2
in C23 a 4
in C32 a 1
and so on)
then sort by machine, work and priority
but that in done with the info listed

what i want/need
it's to somehow modify the priority numbers
either by a macro
or formula

new data could be added
AT THE END
and some rows could possibly desapear
so, I need that the macro or formula
could assing/moddify the priority number in column C as well

better??
=P

"Sheeloo" wrote:

No you have not :-)

Suppose you have five rows for Machine 1 Work 1, say in row 10,23,32,54,56,
how will you assign the nos?
Then suppose you enter the same combination Machine 1 Work 1 in say row 70?
What would you like to do?
Will you ever insert BEFORE the existing row? Will you delete rows....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Another possibility it's a button somewhere in a cell of a row
to move the entire row
either up
(ie. row 6 cut, insert between row 4 and 5, so it becomes the "new" row 5)
or down
(ie. row 5 cut, insert between row 6 and 7, so it becomes the "new" row 6)

I don't know really
just thinking aloud...
whatever that means

ha ha ha