Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alonso[_2_] Alonso[_2_] is offline

Default Priority (with macro??)

Another possibility it's a button somewhere in a cell of a row
to move the entire row
either up
(ie. row 6 cut, insert between row 4 and 5, so it becomes the "new" row 5)
or down
(ie. row 5 cut, insert between row 6 and 7, so it becomes the "new" row 6)

I don't know really
just thinking aloud...
whatever that means

ha ha ha

"Alonso" wrote:

Oops..

well
here i go again

right now, I assing the numbers manually
(in your example, suppose that in C10 I insert a 2
in C23 a 4
in C32 a 1
and so on)
then sort by machine, work and priority
but that in done with the info listed

what i want/need
it's to somehow modify the priority numbers
either by a macro
or formula

new data could be added
AT THE END
and some rows could possibly desapear
so, I need that the macro or formula
could assing/moddify the priority number in column C as well

better??
=P

"Sheeloo" wrote:

No you have not :-)

Suppose you have five rows for Machine 1 Work 1, say in row 10,23,32,54,56,
how will you assign the nos?
Then suppose you enter the same combination Machine 1 Work 1 in say row 70?
What would you like to do?
Will you ever insert BEFORE the existing row? Will you delete rows....