Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find and show fill color

Can I make the cell or even better the row show a fill color only when the
cell or a cell in the row is selected?
I want to be able to use the find feature to do the selection and then show
the color.
Color would revert back to hidden once another cell was selected and the
new selection would show the same color.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You might try Chip Pearson's add-in. I think it is what you are looking for:
Chip Pearson's
Row liner (addin)
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

--
** John C **

"mulldoon" wrote:

Can I make the cell or even better the row show a fill color only when the
cell or a cell in the row is selected?
I want to be able to use the find feature to do the selection and then show
the color.
Color would revert back to hidden once another cell was selected and the
new selection would show the same color.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you are trying to do. See if this
helps any and, if not, please clarify your question somewhat. When you do
your find operation, click the Find All button and then immediately after
that key in Ctrl+A... after doing that, all the found cells should be
selected. Is that what you were looking for?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"mulldoon" wrote in message

Can I make the cell or even better the row show a fill color only when the
cell or a cell in the row is selected?
I want to be able to use the find feature to do the selection and then
show
the color.
Color would revert back to hidden once another cell was selected and the
new selection would show the same color.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank Chip, lol.
--
** John C **