Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell fill color doesn't show onscreen

When I try to fill cells with color, the shading doesn't show onscreen, but
it does show in both the print preview pane and in the printed document. How
do I enable shading onscreen? I am using Excel 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour.
There's information in the following MSKB article:

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures