Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Drop Down Menu - Populate a list of matching words.

Hi,

Is there anyway that we can get the Detection to flag partial name matches
in a populate list of matching words?

I have an example here. At cell B6, if I enter the wordings "Flower
Database", the cell should populate a list of matching words (John Database,
Suzy Database, JH Datebase Ptd) from its column B, to alert me that there are
a list of matching words and give me a dialog notes on whether to continue
entering the wordings "Flower Database". This detection needs to work at each
cell in Column B.

For example:

Column B

Row 1 John Database
Row 2 Suzy Database
Row 3 JH Datebase Ptd
Row 4 Happy Shoes Ltd
Row 5 Happy Suzy Shoes Inc
Row 6

--
Thank you,
Cpviv
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Try Debra's page for the "AutoComplete" featu
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:19,500 Files:362 Subscribers:62
xdemechanik
---
"Cpviv" wrote:
Is there anyway that we can get the Detection to flag partial name matches
in a populate list of matching words?

I have an example here. At cell B6, if I enter the wordings "Flower
Database", the cell should populate a list of matching words (John Database,
Suzy Database, JH Datebase Ptd) from its column B, to alert me that there are
a list of matching words and give me a dialog notes on whether to continue
entering the wordings "Flower Database". This detection needs to work at each
cell in Column B.

For example:

Column B

Row 1 John Database
Row 2 Suzy Database
Row 3 JH Datebase Ptd
Row 4 Happy Shoes Ltd
Row 5 Happy Suzy Shoes Inc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Max.

This "AutoComplete" feature doesn't work for me.

There are two criterias that I need he

(1) I need the matching data come from the same sheet 1 column B, and I
can't possibly update the data validation list at a new sheet 2 as and when
there is a new entry in sheet 1.

(2) I need something smiliar to an example from this website
(http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_SG/homepage). When I type 'Au' at the To
field at the Book Flights tab, it will shows me a list of matching words to
'Au'.

Is there anyway that I work with?

--
Thank you,