Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to creat a reference to a cell in another worksheet and keep f

I am creating a reference to a cell in another worksheet in the same work
book but cells that are blank in the original workshhet are returned with a 0
in the new worksheet. How do I prevent this. I need to keep the same formats
in the second sheet as in the first sheet

Usinx Office Home & Student 2007 on Windows VISTA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could use a formula like this:

=IF(ISBLANK(Sheet2!A1),"",Sheet2!A1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use this approach:

=IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1)

Note that a formula cannot return a format, so you will have to set
these manually. You can use Paste Special | Formats to copy a range of
formats from one sheet to another.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 22, 3:52*pm, PhilRobinson
wrote:
I am creating a reference to a cell in another worksheet in the same work
book but cells that are blank in the original workshhet are returned with a 0
in the new worksheet. How do I prevent this. I need to keep the same formats
in the second sheet as in the first sheet

Usinx Office Home & Student 2007 on Windows VISTA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry,
This still doesn't work

"TomPl" wrote:

You could use a formula like this:

=IF(ISBLANK(Sheet2!A1),"",Sheet2!A1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't see why it didn't work, unless you typed it in incorrectly. In
what way did it not work? Did you get an error message?

Pete

On Oct 22, 5:18*pm, PhilRobinson
wrote:
Sorry, it still doen't work

wrote:
I am creating a reference to a cell in another worksheet in the same work
book but cells that are blank in the original workshhet are returned with a 0
in the new worksheet. How do I prevent this. I need to keep the same formats
in the second sheet as in the first sheet

Usinx Office Home & Student 2007 on Windows VISTA- Hide quoted text -