Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gma gma is offline

Default want to equal a cell number in a different cell with a negative si

Problem:
Say I have a number in cell C1 and I want that number in cell D1 but with a
- sign in front of it exp: 20% in cell C1 in D1 I want -20%. CAn anyone help
me with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter in D1
=-C1

Regards,
Stefi

€˛gma€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Problem:
Say I have a number in cell C1 and I want that number in cell D1 but with a
- sign in front of it exp: 20% in cell C1 in D1 I want -20%. CAn anyone help
me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gma gma is offline

Default want to equal a cell number in a different cell with a negativ

hey stefi
thanks...that worked, now how do i get rid of the "#value!" thats shows in
cell D1 if cell C1 has no value?

"Stefi" wrote:

Enter in D1
=-C1

Regards,
Stefi

€˛gma€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Problem:
Say I have a number in cell C1 and I want that number in cell D1 but with a
- sign in front of it exp: 20% in cell C1 in D1 I want -20%. CAn anyone help
me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(C1="","",-C1)
The above will work if by "no value" you mean an empty text string, but if
you have other text you may have problems.
You could use =IF(ISNUMBER(C1),-C1,"") or
=IF(C1="","",IF(ISNUMBER(C1),-C1,"invalid input"))
--
David Biddulph

"gma" wrote in message
hey stefi
thanks...that worked, now how do i get rid of the "#value!" thats shows in
cell D1 if cell C1 has no value?

"Stefi" wrote:

Enter in D1
=-C1

Regards,
Stefi

"gma" ezt ķrta:

Problem:
Say I have a number in cell C1 and I want that number in cell D1 but
with a
- sign in front of it exp: 20% in cell C1 in D1 I want -20%. CAn anyone
help
me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The following formula will display 0 if C1 is blank:

=-N(C1)

If you want to leave the cell blank then you should use the more
complex:

=IF(C1<"",-C1,"")

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

"Stefi" wrote:
Enter in D1
=-C1

Regards,
Stefi

„gma” ezt ķrta:

Problem:
Say I have a number in cell C1 and I want that number in cell D1 but with a
- sign in front of it exp: 20% in cell C1 in D1 I want -20%. CAn anyone help
me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gma gma is offline

David