Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If number in cell does not equal 6 digits, add zeros to the left

I have 3 tables in Excel that I would like to join in Access by using a
numeric field. Unfortunately, in one table, the number reflected always has
6 digits. They ensure this by putting zeros to the left, i.e.,

Subject #
000001
000050
000128

The other two tables, which use the same subject # field, do not include the
zeros. Can someone help me with a formula that either deletes these zeros or
add zeros to the other tables?

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If number in cell does not equal 6 digits, add zeros to the le

Hi Dennis! Thank you so much for this. I actually kept searching and found
this buried under another subject heading, however, when I went immediately
back to my question, I couldn't find it. Thank you for taking the time. I
love this site..it helps me so much.

"Dennis" wrote:

=TEXT(A1,"000000")

"kza40381" wrote:

I have 3 tables in Excel that I would like to join in Access by using a
numeric field. Unfortunately, in one table, the number reflected always has
6 digits. They ensure this by putting zeros to the left, i.e.,

Subject #